Saturday, March 21, 2009

Since you asked...



Howdy,

I noticed that several of you wrote in response to Tyler's post about tapping the final keg of Portsmouth Lager and wanted to throw in my two cents’ worth. Here's the short story:

Yes, Portsmouth Lager has been retired, and yes, you surmised correctly that it will be replaced at the Portsmouth Brewery by Smuttynose’s new Star Island Single.

If you’d like to read my long-winded explanation for why we decided to phase Portsmouth Lager out of the Smuttynose lineup, you can visit my blog, Smuttynose Tavern, where I go into it at some length.

In the meantime, enjoy the last of the Portsmouth Lager, and please let us know what you think of Star Island. (I’m heading into town shortly to have one myself.)

Cheers,

P-

1 comment:

  1. Peter, it truly is sad to see another lager, and a great transition brew bite the dust. It was always easy to point a macro drinker to the Portsmouth larger as a great brew for them. I hope the Belgian style blond works out well, but turning non craft drinkers on to a Belgian style may be harder than selling them the Portsmouth lager.
    I was glad you mentioned Prima Pils. I know from time to time you bring in a guest tap and I for one regular would love to drink this on tap. I know its in the state (Capitol Distributors) and it would be great to see some other east coat craft brews get shown some love at the brewery too. Yes I know you brought in Moat Mtn and kudos to you on that. As any beer drinker knows nothing beats a great pills on a hot summer day. It is also a good transition brew for non- craft drinkers too.

    With much respect and for producing such great brews, Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your post. We truly appreciate your comments. All comments on this blog are moderated, so it may take a short while for yours to appear.