Wednesday, November 19, 2008

American Mild

Hello,

The Murphy Law's Red Ale was loved by all and is now all dried up. We have replaced it with our American Mild. Which is a smaller version of an IPA. Meaning that the alcohol is light, at 4.5% ABV, so you can have a few of them. Similar to how a British mild is low in alcohol, but we put the American twist on it by making it golden in color and adding a mostly late hop additions making it taste similar to an IPA. We used a new Cascade hop product this year as our dry hop vs. the traditional Warrior dry hop that we used in the past. Let us know what you think. Is it better this year then last? Dose anyone have tasting notes from last year?

By the way, we are in the process of renaming this beer. It has been called Weenie Rocket, and Short Fuse in the past. What is your take on Whipper Snapper as the name?

Cheers,
Tyler

3 comments:

  1. Kudos for trying another session beer. Whipper Snapper is better than the previous names, but I'd suggest something that does not suggest something lesser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not Portsmouth Pale Ale or something? Not very catchy, I realize, but will probably get more people to try it. Either that or SIPA (pronounced sippa). Instead of DIPA or IIPA for the big IPA's, SIPA for small IPA or semi IPA. And since this is New England, "the beer is a real sippa'"

    Just my two cents. Regardless, I'll be in to try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped in after work, I really like the Mild. I'm not into hoppy beers so much, so I'm trying to work my way in and I think this was definitely a good transition beer. Some bitterness, but not overpowering. A beer I could drink all night and would probably go great with a spicy meal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your post. We truly appreciate your comments. All comments on this blog are moderated, so it may take a short while for yours to appear.